Spalding University’s Office of Sponsored Programs and Research, OSPRe, supports faculty and staff efforts to identify and apply for grants and contract opportunities. The office offers assistance across the whole range of project management, which includes ensuring accurate reporting, supporting the responsible stewardship of funds, and facilitating the ongoing management of externally funded projects.
Purpose of OSPRe
- Coordinate applying for mission-congruent grants and contracts that support research, training/instruction, and service projects funded by governmental entities, private non-profit organizations, and for-profit/industry sponsors
- Management of contracts and grants (includes both SU and SU-related enterprises (e.g., CBH, CORF, EnTech)
- Support the university’s Research Ethics Committee (REC)
- Increase institutional capacity for seeking external contracts and grants
- Disseminate campus-wide research activities